1 Below is the link to a video for assessment.
2 Need to answer in template provided.
3 Need to answer adhering to the rubric provided.
4 Part A (Criterion 1): worth 45% of you overall marks for this assessment Review and critical analyse the following three aspects of the video scenario with reference to the clinical reasoning cycle
- Implementation of the ABCDE assessment framework
- Nursing interventions/considerations
- Pharmacological interventions
Criterion 1 Start here:
Use the clinical reasoning cycle to help you gather evidence as you evaluate the care provided to the deteriorating patient in the scenario. To help you start, ask yourself the following questions…
- What did the team do well? Where did the A to E assessment breakdown and how could the team improve?
- What do you think about the choice of nursing interventions and considerations? Was SRN Kimmy, able to process the collected cues and identify that there was a problem? And what role did RN Grace have in helping Kimmy establish goals and move forward with a plan?
- Consider that pharmacological interventions used in the scenario? Did the team use best practices? What does the literature recommend? Was something vital missed?
- Was the care and pharmacological interventions effective? And did this impact on patient outcomes?
Part B (Criterion 2): worth 35% of your overall marks for this assessment
With reference to the NMBA Registered nurse standards for practice (2016) and the National Safety and Quality Health Service Standards (2019)*, critically reflect on how the following impacted on patient outcomes;
- Interprofessional communication
- Person-centred care
*Please make reference to one NMBA Registered nurse standards for practice and one National Safety and Quality Health Service Standard.
Please choose ONE of the following NMBA Registered nurse standards for practice (2016)
- Standard 1: Thinks critically and analyses nursing practice.
- Standard 2: Engages in therapeutic and professional relationships.
- Standard 3: Maintains the capability for practice.
Please choose ONE of the following National Safety and Quality Health Service Standards (2019)
- Partnering with Consumers Standard
- Communicating for Safety Standard
- Recognise and respond to Acute Deterioration Standard
Criterion 2 Start here:
To help you start, ask yourself the following questions…
- Did the behaviour of the healthcare professionals in the scenario, influence the interprofessional communication? How did this impact the provision of person-centred care? Did this have any consequences for the patient?
- Did the health professionals uphold the NMBA and NSQHS standards? What processes do the NSQHS use in relation to communication and person-centred care? What about the practice and behaviour regulated by the NMBA in relation to these?
- Access e-book, Critical conversations for patient safety, by Tracy Levett-Jones, available via NUR239 Readings list.
Criterion 3a: worth 10% of your overall marks for this assessment
Writes in a structured, succinct and well-informed manner.
It is expected that you utilise the template provided. Bullet points are to be used in the first section (ABCDE Framework). The remainder of the template must be written in complete sentences and formatted into paragraphs, and do not use headings, bullet points, or tables.
Remember that scholarly literature isn’t restricted to journal articles. Clinical practice guidelines are considered high-level evidence guiding best practice management of patients.
- The Australian Resuscitation Council is a great resource for this assessment