1. A nursing student is assigned to work in a heart failure clinic that focuses on preventing and reducing heart disease. The clinic is experiencing a steady increase in the number of patients with heart failure.
• What could be contributing factors to the increase in patients presenting with heart failure?
• What impact are these factors having on health care?
2. The nursing student is observing the RN planning the discharge of a patient who has poorly controlled diabetes.
• What are the key characteristics of professional nursing practice that the student nurse should see in the care of this patient?
• What elements of the discharge can be delegated to other team members?
3. The nursing student is participating in an interdisciplinary team meeting to set goals to improve the quality of care for a regarding a patient in a long term acute care facility who has not been meeting his goals.
• What are key components of QSEN that should be considered in quality improvement?