PLEASE TYPE YOUR ANSWERS
How does an organization’s mission and vision affect its governance?
Analysis of Organizational Structure
To analyze an organization to determine whether it is a centralized or decentralized organization and to determine whether a shared governance framework is established
Select a health care organization with which you are familiar and complete the Governance Study Guide.
Governance Study Guide
4. How many levels of hierarchy are there in the organization?
5. Do clinical nurses make autonomous clinical decisions?
6. Are clinical nurses elected or appointed to organizational committees?
7. Do clinical nurses participate in hiring, evaluating, and scheduling decisions?
8. How are clinical nurses’ innovative ideas encouraged and received by administration?
9. How are assignments made on the nursing units?
Remember that a more decentralized structure enables clinical nurses to participate at all levels of decision making. Communication is horizontal and vertical, and innovations are encouraged.