You work for a small health care facility with three doctors, an administrator, one nurse and four office staff members. The facility has been considering an intranet for the past year. You have been asked to create a list of functions that could be included in the intranet. The only guidance that has been given to you is that the intranet should be useful to office staff, management, and the clinical staff. Include in your discussion a memo to the administrator of the facility: In your memo:
- Create a list of functions the intranet would provide.
- Distinguish between the functions of the Internet and an intranet.
- Summarize key privacy, security, and interoperability issues related to the intranet that must be addressed prior to implementation.
Guided response: Your initial post should be a minimum of 200-250 words.
- Utilize a minimum of two scholarly sources, excluding the textbook.
- Sources should be cited in APA format, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- You must respond to at least two of your classmate’s posts by Day 7.
- Your three required posts must be on three different days of the week.
- Compare your list of functions with two classmates. What are the differences in functionality and would you agree the other items are vital functions? Why or why not?