APA style with coverpage, in-text citation properly sourced.
Module 2 – Case
Foundation for this assignment
The development of a society, rich or poor, can be judged by the quality of its population’s health, how fairly health is distributed across the social spectrum, and the degree of protection provided from disadvantage as a result of ill-health.
Task for this assignment
Choose one Communicable Disease from the US Department of Health and Human Services’ site about Global Health, available at http://www.globalhealth.gov/global-health-topics/site
Do your own research to find out what population is most affected by this health issue and what is being done to solve the problem. Write a 1 – 2 page review of your findings.
Think about how this global health issue is being handled in the population to which you belong, and write another page about that.
Your paper should be 2 – 3 pages.
Be sure to use credible, professional, and scholarly sources such as peer-reviewed journal articles from the Online Library, and government, university, or nonprofit organizations’ Web sites.
In order to earn full credit
You must clearly show that you have read the module homepage and the required background materials that relate to this assignment. You are welcome to do research in addition to — but not instead of — the required readings.
Please write your paper in your own words. That is the only way I can evaluate your level of understanding.
Even though the papers must be written in your own words, you are required to use scholarly and professional sources to support your statement. Cite sources for any statement of fact or idea that is not common knowledge. You must cite the sources within the body of the paper and include a reference list at the end of the paper.
Quotes are very rarely needed; if necessary, they should comprise much less than 10% of a paper and must be in quotation marks and properly cited.
Draw upon a broad base of scholarly literature to support your statements. Web sites and fact sheets may be a useful starting point; however, you are expected to locate peer-reviewed readings on your topic from the electronic library.
Wikipedia is not an acceptable source of information. Use credible, professional, and scholarly sources such as peer-reviewed journal articles from the Online Library, and government, university, or nonprofit organizations’ Web sites.
Your papers will be evaluated on the following factors:
- References – citations are used within the body of the paper any time you state a fact or idea that is not common knowledge. A reference list is included at the end of the paper.
- Precision – you follow all instructions and you answer each part of the assignment.
- Breadth – you show broad knowledge of the module’s topic.
- Depth – you go into detail to show more critical thought about the specific tasks or questions in the assignment.
- Clarity – the extent to which you elaborate and include discussion or examples as asked.
- Application – the extent to which you apply the information to a real-life situation related to the assignment, if asked.