plamidquest.pdf Please see attachment to answer the following…
- Using the plasmid DNA you were given, could you have isolated your transformed bacteria on LB + tetracycline plates? Why or why not?
- What is the purpose of the Cell Lysis Solution?
- What are the purposes of the Neutralization Solution?
- Describe the composition of the solutions added to and released from the column at each of the three filtration steps.
- Did you expect bacterial colonies on your (-) plasmid plate? Why or why not?
- What controls were used to convince you that the bacteria growing on your (+) plasmid plate had plasmids with the inserted DNA?
- Draw a diagram of the plasmid we used to transform the bacteria, showing each essential component.
- Draw a restriction enzyme map of plasmid A based on the restriction digests and gels we ran, showing the relative positions of restriction sites for EcoRI and XbaI and the distances between them. Also indicate which part of the plasmid is vector and which part is insert.