A. The definition of familial ties holds the facts that there’s the word about bonding ingrained within the phrase itself
A. Children develop deviant behaviors while they are young; hence, they need parental guidance to develop moral behaviors.
1. The quality of the relationship between parents and children plays a significant role in the tendency of children to engage in criminal activities.
2. Effects of Early Family/Parent Training Programs on Antisocial Behavior & Delinquency
B. Families offer love and support that help children grow into better people; they provide guidance and nurturing moral values.
1. A healthy family encourages independence and self-efficiency.
2. Global Counterterrorism Forum
C. A healthy family encourages independence and self-efficiency.
1. Quality family relationships determine children’s well-being
2. International Journal of Pediatrics
D. Counter Perspective: Family connections is an excellent factor in facilitating desirable outcomes
1. Response to Counter Perspective: Being connected to a family doesn’t mean you will always stay on the right path
A. Healthy families are pivotal in promoting a safe society.
Working Thesis Statement
Family relationships play a vital role in reducing crime because they provide guidance, offers love and support, and families encourage independence and self-efficiency.
The topic of focus in this paper is improving family relationships to reduce crime rates. My position is that developing and maintaining healthy family relationships plays a vital role in lowering societal crime rates since parental guidance promotes desirable behaviors. Such behaviors include, but are not limited to, respect and safe interactions. Thus, healthy families are pivotal in developing a safe society. Family relationships play a vital role in reducing crime because they provide guidance, offers love and support, and families encourage independence and self-efficiency.
The first source that backs this position is the article by Ahangaram and Dehpahlavani. The authors argue that instability in families and poor living conditions for children affect societal crime rates (Ahangaram & Dehpahlavani, 2014). One observes that dismantled and unhealthy families have a significant influence on crime in children and adolescents. The living conditions experienced by individuals often have an impact on their tendency towards criminal activities. The usefulness of this article comes from the fact that it teaches my audience about the factors affecting societal crime rates as well as the role of healthy families in the reduction of such crime rates. This article convinces the audience that my position is valid.
Feedback from Writing Activity 1:
1. Excellent proposal, Melva! You have continued to build on your project plan. 2. The topic is a good choice. 3. Your audience is defined. 4. The goal is on track for this type of paper. 5. Supporting points are specific and detailed.
How Feedback Was Used:
My feedback was great, and all I can continue to do is do my best.
How Feedback Will Help You with Future Writing:
Hopefully, I will continue to do good work. Writing papers are very hard for me, so the feedback motivates me.
Instructors Feedback for Activity 2 Assignment
Your thesis is unified, coherent and states the main points of your paper.
The feedback reflection needs more development. Aim for 5 or more sentences per paragraph in college-level work.