The Affordable Care Act (ACA) requires all US citizens and legal residents to obtain qualifying health coverage. In this unit, you will explore the Individual Mandate section of the new health reform law.
- Explain the Individual Mandate included in the Patient Protection and ACA including the tax penalties that will be imposed if a person or a family does not obtain qualifying health coverage.
- Analyze the eligibility criteria for exemptions and subsidies to obtain coverage.
- Explain one policy change or enhancement you would recommend if you were required to ensure success of the Individual Mandate included in the Patient Protection and ACA and justify the intended outcome.
- Submit your response in a 4- to 6-page Microsoft Word document formatted in APA style.
- On a separate page, cite all sources using APA format.