Throughout the Human Behavior and Social Environment I and II courses, you have explored the biological, psychological, and sociological aspects of different phases of the human life span. You have explored life-span development theories that help to explain human behavior. You also have considered how the social environment influences individuals and their behavior.
Gathering facts about a client’s life span through the interview process is an important social work skill. This week, you practice this skill by interviewing an older adult using the questions in the Life Span Interview document available in this week’s resources. For this week’s Assignment you transform your interview notes into a narrative—that is, a life story—of the older adult you interviewed. You interweave within this narrative an analysis of the life story by applying person and the environment concepts to your understanding and interpretation of that story.
Submit a 3- to 5-page paper in which you provide a narrative analysis of the Life Span Interview you completed. The paper should:
- Provide a chronological history of the individual’s major life experiences.
- Identify specific biological, psychological and sociological influences that shaped the individual’s experience.
- Analyze the individual’s experiences by applying theory and concepts learned throughout both HBSE courses.
- Provide your reflection of the experience, both in interviewing the individual and analyzing their narrative.
- Explain what you learned and how you will apply this to future social work practice.
Support your Assignment with specific references to the resources. Be sure to provide full APA citations for your references