Submit a paper that identifies and examines two distinct types of sentinel events that frequently occur in healthcare organizations. The error types that you select must be significantly different; for example, patient suicide and wrong-site surgery.
In writing this paper, you should consider and address (as necessary) the following:
- What system factors influence organizational performance?
- How do accreditation standards or government regulations guide performance and process design?
- What is the role of the quality or risk manager in addressing the issues?
- What processes and techniques can be used to investigate, prevent, and control these types of events now and in the future?
- What measures can be used to assess the performance of the organization and the risk management plan in this area as it relates to patient safety?
- What impact could these events have on organizational performance, compliance, and accreditation?
Your paper should be well-written and meet the following requirements:
- 8-10 pages in length.
- Formatted according to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA Requirements.
- Include at least six references from the peer-reviewed articles. The CSU-Global Library is a good place to find peer-reviewed articles.