Assignment : Practicum – Week 8 Journal Entry Learning Objectives Students will:
– Develop effective documentation skills for group therapy sessions *
– Develop diagnoses for clients receiving group psychotherapy *
– Evaluate the efficacy of cognitive behavioral therapy for groups *
– Analyze legal and ethical implications of counseling clients with
Select two clients you observed or counseled this week during a group
therapy session. *Note:* The two clients you select must have attended
the same group session.
Then, in your Practicum Journal, address the following:
– Using the Group Therapy Progress Note in this week’s Learning
Resources, document the group session.
– Describe each client (without violating HIPAA regulations), and
identify any pertinent history or medical information, including
– Using the DSM-5, explain and justify your diagnosis for each client.
– Explain whether cognitive behavioral therapy would be effective
with this group. Include expected outcomes based on this therapeutic
– Explain any legal and/or ethical implications related to
counseling each client.
– Support your approach with evidence-based litera