1) How do children use strategies to improve learning and memory?
2) How and why do intelligence test scores vary for different racial and ethnic groups?
3) What are some of the causes of ADHD?
4) Define and discuss the types of parenting styles listed in your text.
5) Discuss what type of characteristics children would develop from each parenting style.
6) Name and define each type of child abuse listed in your text?
7) What is a rite of passage?
8) Discuss Kolberg’s Theory. How is it different from Gilligan’s theory?
9) What are some key differences between anorexia and bulimia?
10) Distinguish between primary and secondary sexual characteristics. Provide an example of each for males and females.
11) How do adolescent males and females differ in their perceptions of their first sexual encounter?
12) What are Marcia’s stages of identity?
13) Why do adolescents engage in risk taking behavior to such extremes?
14) Erikson asserts that the fundamental task of young adults is resolving which of his stages?
1 5) What selves do young adults explore? And what is the significance of this?
16) Why does the text classify young adults as “thresholders”?
17) How is adulthood marked, specifically for men in many cultures?
18) According to your text, what are the themes of friendship?
19) Holland’s theory suggest what?
20)Super’s Theory discusses doing what in relationship to work?
1) What did you feel as you viewed this video?
2) How does it suggest prejudice is nurture versus nature?
3)How can parents, teachers and other adults rid children of their negative views toward others?
4) Discuss how you learned and unlearned to be prejudice toward others? Include one reference to support what you state.
1. Define SERVICE-LEARNING
2. Differentiate between the 5 types of service programs. Identify as many examples of these types that group members have engaged in?
3. Select 3 examples from # 2 that the group considers to be high quality SERVICE-LEARNING. What are specific benefits of each to: a) the student? b) the community? c) faculty and/or staff? d) the organization/university?
4. What types of service opportunities exist at CSU (outside of this class)? Is it service-learning or another type of service program?
5. What sites are you exploring for you SERVICE-LEARNING experience and why
1. How does John Dewey define the term critical reflection?
2. Discuss some ways speaking, writing, action, and media and artistic creation could contribute to critical reflection.
3. How can you apply the “steps in designing and implementing critical reflection” to your own SERVICE-LEARNING experience?
4. What do you suggest that a rubric for assessing SERVICE-LEARNING include in this course?
5. What are some ways you can make critical reflection work for you in this class?