*NO PLAGIARISM: Your paper will go through TurnItIn, a plagiarism software.
Students will be required to complete a 5-7 page final paper for this course. The final
paper will require the student to select an infectious or chronic disease and provide
a brief history and overview of this topic and how it is currently impacting public
health today. Since topics may vary, formatting will as well; however, students will
need to provide:
2. History of the disease
3. Symptoms of the disease
4. The cause of the disease (and how/when the cause was discovered)
5. Method to spread the disease (if chronic disease, populations most affected in
6. Methods to contain the disease
7. Number of people infected or affected today (number of deaths, if applicable);
may also use graphs and tables (Use descriptive epidemiology concepts)
8. Public health costs (i.e. local, federal, hospitalizations, nursing, hospice)
9. Treatments, if any available
10. Current and future educational efforts needed by public health professionals to
reduce spread of disease
1. The paper must be a minimum five (5) double spaced pages (but no
more than seven (7) pages in length), not including the title page and
2. References must follow the American Psychological Association (APA)
guidelines for reference and bibliographic citation. If necessary, refer
to Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (6th ED).
2009 Washington, D.C.: American Psychological Association.
3. Use Times New Roman Font in a 12-point font.
4. Use 1 inch for the top, bottom, left and right margins.
5. Use proper APA format as given to you in the attached example.