Qualitative Research Critique.
half the work is done, so u’ll start from half page 8. from here:
ENHANCEMENT OF RIGOR
• Were methods used to enhance the trustworthiness/integrity of the study and was the description of those methods adequate?
• Were the methods used to enhance credibility appropriate and sufficient?
• Was the data analysis strategy compatible with the research tradition and with the nature and type of the data gathered?
• Did the analysis yield an appropriate “product” (e.g., a theory, taxonomy, thematic pattern, etc.?)
• Did the analytic procedures suggest the possibility of biases?
• Were the findings effectively summarized, with good use of excerpts and supporting arguments?
• Do the themes adequately capture the meaning of the data? Does it appear that the researcher satisfactorily conceptualized the themes or patterns in the data?
• Did the analysis yield an insightful, provocative, authentic and meaningful picture of the phenomenon under investigation?
• Are the themes or patters logically connected to each other to form a convincing and integrated whole?
• Were figures, maps, or models used effectively to summarize conceptualizations?
• If a conceptual framework or ideological orientation guided the study, are the themes or patterns linked to it in a cogent manner?
INTERPRETATION OF FINDINGS
• Are major findings interpreted and discussed within the context of prior studies?
• Are the interpretations consistent with the study’s limitations?
• Does the report address the issue of the transferability of the findings?
• Do the researchers discuss the implications of the study for clinical practice or further inquiry—and are those implications reasonable?
• Was the report well-written, well-organized, and sufficiently detailed for critical analysis?
• Was the description of the methods, findings, and interpretations sufficiently rich and vivid?
• Do the study findings appear to be trustworthy—do you have confidence in the TRUTH value of the results?
• Does the study contribute any meaningful evidence that can be used practice or that is useful to a certain discipline?
Here is the full file