Option #1: Investigate Your Food Consumption
Food consumption has a large impact on the environment. There are different ways this occurs. In this paper you will investigate those factors related to food consumption that impact the environment. Write a paper addressing the following questions:
- Is the consumption of organic food better for the environment than non-organic food? Why?
- Why is the consumption of locally grown food better for the environment than food grow farther away? What role does energy use play here?
- Why does the consumption of meat have such a large impact on the environment? Why do different meats have different impacts, and which one is the worst?
- Does the production of dairy products have a large impact on the environment?
- Wrap up with a discussion of your food consumption. What type of products do you consume the most? Do you eat organic or locally grown food? Why kind of meat do you eat the most? Would you consider changing your food consumption habits to reduce your impact on the environment?
- Your written paper should be three to four pages in length, not counting the title and reference pages, which you must include.
- You need to cite at least two sources for this assignment, outside of the textbook.
- Your paper must be formatted according to APA