In the Seminar for Unit 2, you will discuss influences on self-concept and how one’s self concept can influence communication.
Please come to Seminar prepared to discuss the following:
- How are your identity and social views defined, sustained, and reinforced by the cultures within which you immerse your life?
- What is a strong value, belief, or attitude you have that you learned from your family while growing up?
- What are some general world views that you hold? Where did you learn them?
- What do you remember being told as a child that still influences your behavior today in a negative way? In a positive way?
- How might you benefit from changing your self-concept?
To earn Seminar credit for this unit, complete one of the following options:
Option 1: Participate in a synchronous Seminar discussion. You are strongly encouraged to fulfill your Seminar requirement through this option if possible. Many students find the Seminar very helpful because the instructor will clarify information and your classmates may pose questions that you also have about the material.
Option 2: Complete the Option 2 alternative assignment by answering the Seminar topics. Your responses should be composed in complete sentences and paragraphs and be 300–400 words in length. You should create your Seminar responses in MS Word, making sure to follow APA format and cite all references used. Save your answers and submit them to the Unit 2: Seminar Dropbox. The Dropbox is located at the top of this class on the blue toolbar.
Be sure to complete all questions to earn your Seminar points. You are also strongly encouraged to review the Seminar transcript to gain the full educational benefit intended.