Through our studies this quarter, we find that developing a culturally competent organization is a continuous and evolving process. This discussion asks you to anticipate future trends and new challenges.
Consider and respond to the following questions:
- How important are cultural and linguistic competencies to achieving DHHS Healthy People 2010 goal, “eliminate health disparities”? Talk about several of the disparities mentioned in this report.
- What changes or impacts do you envision with future regulatory environments in health care?
- As a health care leader, what twenty-first century workforce skills do you anticipate will be necessary to deliver quality health care to meet the shifting patient demographics?
- Describe the importance of understanding stakeholders such as individuals, groups, and communities?
- As a learner having almost completed this course, what one major change do you anticipate? How will it affect effective communication or the care continuum?