Evaluation Of Fluid Products
Conduct research on fluid hydration products. Investigate and research product information by going to the grocery store and using the internet.
Discuss your research and conclusions. Write a response to some of the following questions:
- Are there stimulants in these drinks? What kind?
- Could you make your own electrolyte drink? If so, how? (hint: consider lemons and sea salt, do research)
- Do the claims made by the manufacturer seem realistic considering what you have learned.
- What about soda? Consider the phosphorus content. The sugar or artificial sweeteners. Evaluate the effects of soda on your body.
- What do you think the best water product is and why?
Hint: Consider reviewing a product called “Ultima”, designed and used by Olympic athletes.