1.DNA is the genetic molecule of life. What is your evidence that DNA is the molecule of inheritance?
Scientists were able to produce a giant mouse through use of human or rat growth hormone and the production of pigs with leaner meat from use of bovine or human growth hormone. Other research involved clinical trials on gene transfer in cancer and other disease treatment. Is this type of research beneficial?
Genetically-modified (GM) organisms are a source of tension and trade disagreement among many countries. Research a GM organism. Should scientists be banned from modifying our foods? Present an argument for or against.
2. Describe Mendel’s P, F1, and F2 generations in his experiments with pea plants.
3.Describe Mendel’s rule of segregation in your own words.
4. Two heterozygote tongue rollers (dominant trait) have a child. What percentage of individuals would be predicted to be heterozygotes, homozygous dominant and homozygous recessive? What is the only genotype of two parents that would ensure that their offspring could not roll their tongue (recessive trait)? Explain your reasoning.
5. List the stages of meiosis I and meiosis II, indicating the point at which the cell becomes haploid. Why does it become haploid at this point?
6. A man with AB blood and a woman with O blood have a child. What is the genotype and phenotype of both the man and woman? Is it possible for them to have a child with O blood? Explain. Also, explain what type of inheritance the ABO blood system demonstrates.
7. One in 22 people in the United States are carriers for cystic fibrosis. What is the percentage of individuals who actually have this disease, using the Hardy-Weinberg equation? Explain how you determined this
8. Explain why abnormalities of sex-linked traits are seen more common in men than women.
9. What is genetic engineering? Describe one application of genetic engineering that affects your everyday life.
The questions must be answered in APA format with a 100 word minimum and using the uploaded book. Please cite each answer from the uploaded text. Also Reference.