1. Give the answer for following question:
a. What is doping?
i. N-type substances
ii. P-type substances
c. What are the majority charge carriers for the follow types of doped silicon
d. What is the barrier potential?
e. Draw PN junction diode symbol also define terminal.
2. a). Draw a block diagram for a DC power supply. Clearly label all the
components. What is the function of the transformer?
b. Draw the output of a full-wave rectifier, if a sine wave is the input.
3. Draw the symbol and VI characteristics for Tunnel diode. Also define region.
4. Bipolar transistors (BJTs) contain two silicon junctions.
a. Draw the structure of both BJTs. Label the terminal and doping regions.
b. Draw and label the circuit symbol for the two types of BJTs.
c. Draw the characteristic curve of the BJT. Label all regions of operation and the axes.
d. Define beta DC (β DC )
e. what is the condition for transistor goes in cutoff?
5. Determine the dc current gain β DC and the emitter current I E for a transistor where I B = 50µA and I C =3.65mA
6. Draw circuit diagram for emitter feedback bias. Define the equation for IE.
7. Which type of amplifier is shown in following fig.?
What is Rin(tot) for the amplifier if Bac = 200?
8. What is the advantage for Sziklai pair over Darlington pair.
9. Find out voltage gain equation for common base amplifier.