In the discussion you must make a conclusion and then explain how your experimental results and observations support your conclusion. The points below should help you identify the information you have available from this experiment to support your conclusion. A summary of your experimental results with a brief discussion of any possible sources of error. Your supervisor is very busy, so this needs to be limited to three pages. Be sure to include:
- A claim. Based upon the purpose of your experiment, what claim can you make using your experimental evidence?
- A table of your results. Include density, % ethanol, color, boiling point, and flammability.
- Discussion of your results.
i. Explain how your experiment results support your claims.
ii. Explain how your results with the known materials validate your procedure.
iii. Explain discrepancies between expected and experimental results i.e., density, % ethanol, boiling point, and flammability.
iv. Why is it necessary to distill the fermentation mixture to make ethanol for fuel?
v. What is different about the boiling points for water, ethanol, and the mixture?
- Identify sources of uncertainty and error in measurements.
- Supporting references that demonstrate the validity of your method.
#NOTE: I’ll send you the data base when the work assigned.