Discussion Question 1, Week 1 – Discussion 2.
Discussion Question 1,
Understanding the role information systems play in health care leadership is essential to the success of health care professionals. In a minimum of 300 words, address the following points in your discussion post:
- Why is health care information important to all health care professionals?
- Why is health information system important to health care?
- Name four of the major health information systems and their use.
- What is the impact of health information systems on patient care?
- What are at least three definitions of the term “health care information”?
Week 1 – Discussion 2
Health information systems, like most technologies, face issues with data input and information output. Major issues of health information systems may vastly impact the accessibility and/or integrity of patient-protected health information (PHI). Health care leaders are continuously concerned about PHI quantity, quality, security, and efficiency. In a minimum of 300 words, address the following points in your discussion:
- List the main categories of information and data.
- What are three ways in which data can be monitored for quality?
- What happens when data quality is compromised?
- How does the health care industry rate in terms of information systems adoption?