Development of shared theory in palliative care to enhance nursing competence
Using Fawcett’s framework for theory evaluation (as discussed in Peterson & Bredow, 2016, p. 43), discuss to what extent the selected practice theory or model(see above) meets the criterion of pragmatic adequacy (that is, how well the theory or model can be utilized in real-life situations, particularly clinical practice) by addressing the following:
- Evaluate the practice theory or model.
- Describe the special education and/or skill training recommended for nurses so that the theory or model can be used in their clinical practice.
- Is it possible to derive clinical protocols from the theory or model? If yes, briefly explain. If no, explain why not?
- How often has the theory or model been used for nursing research? If it has been used for research, provide a full APA citation for one study example that used this theory or model. If it hasn’t been used, please explain why it hasn’t been used.
- Discuss at least two favorable outcomes that result from using this theory or model as a basis for nursing practice
- APA Format, at least 3 scholarly articles less than 3 years