This week, through our readings and discussion, we discussed how we shouldn’t confine the value of our work to grades or other forms of recognition we may or may not receive from others. Additionally, we have begun to explore the following course outcomes:
- express a well-informed, personal viewpoint and show an understanding of his or her own biases; and – Communication, Respect for Diversity & Critical Thinking
- articulate how learning extends beyond the classroom. –Communication, Lifelong Learning & Social, Ethical & Professional Responsibility
In your journal, reflect back on what you have learned so far through the course readings, assignments, and discussions (you are encouraged to reflect back on previous weeks as well). Answer each of the following questions to guide your reflection:
- What, if anything, did you find surprising, particularly challenging, or interesting?
- From what you know about this course so far, what connections can you make to previous learning experiences, and how do you think this course will help you as you move forward in your college and professional life?
- How do the course outcomes (listed above) for this week apply to your experience so far?
- What specific ideas did you learn from the Starbucks book this week that you could use in your every life or future career?
- What questions do you still need answered?