- Use the Internet to research the National Institutes of Health (NIH) Website, located at http://www.nih.gov/; PubMed, located athttp://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/; and other related Websites to examine common law and its effect on healthcare policy in the United States. Be prepared to discuss.
- Use the Internet or Strayer databases to research the Supreme Court’s review of the Affordable Health Care Act. Be prepared to discuss.
- Use the Internet or Strayer databases to research the Supreme Court’s review of two (2) healthcare cases involving stare decisis. Be prepared to discuss.
“Common Law and Separation of Power” Please respond to the following:
- From the first e-Activity, interpret the role that common law has played in health care in the United States. Assess the level at which common law has impacted overall decisions related to healthcare policy. Provide two (2) specific examples to support your rationale.
- Differentiate between checks and balances in the separation of power. Specify two (2) examples related to health care from your state government.
“The Courts” Please respond to the following:
- From the second e-Activity, analyze the Federal court decisions in regards to the Affordable Health Care Act. Debate the extent to which the Supreme Court’s decisions have affected healthcare policy in your community. Provide two (2) specific examples to support your rationale.
- From the third e-Activity, analyze the concepts of stare decisis and their effect on health care related judicial decisions. Interpret this legal term in relationship to two (2) health care related cases. Support your response with specific examples.