Read the Experiment attached and answer these 11 Questions:
1. What are we looking to find in this experiment?
2. What will you measure in this experiement to determine the molar mass of your unknown solid?
3. How will you use the freezing point depression information to determine the molar mass of the unknown solid?
4. What theories or equations will allow you to determine the molar mass of the unknown solid?
5. What data will be collected in this experiment and how will it be used to determine the molar mass of the unknown solid?
6. Describe the important techniques that will be used to collect the data in this experiement?
7. What important assumptions are made about the unknown solid in order to determine its molar mass using freezing point depression?
8. What is the expected outcome of this experiment? What are some possible unexpected outcomes?
9. What is the scientific relationship between freezing point depression and the amount of solid that will allow us to correctly determine the molar mass?
10. What important variables need to be accounted for so that only the relationship between freezing point depression and the mass of the unknown solid is being measured?
11. What special safety precautions do you need to be aware of for this experiment?