Your going to read the attachments one is the required reading and the other is success story worksheet, you are not making up a story its based on the reading
Your supervisor assigned you to a CDC committee that is trying to promote community success stories. Your first assignment is to submit a “success story worksheet” about the required reading: Partnership for a Healthy Community: A Tobacco Prevention Program in Central Aroostook County.
Please complete the CDC Success Story Worksheet that I have attached
As we continue the SLP, learning about Healthy People 2020 and the leading health indicators, CHOOSE ONE of the following leading indicators:
Injury and Violence
Using the information from Healthy People 2020 and your own scholarly research, please write a paper that includes the following:
- A brief description of the health issue.
- Statistics regarding its impact on health (for example, number of people who have it, deaths, disabilities, costs to society, how it affects or is affected by health behaviors, etc.). You can give local, state, or national statistics.
- Clearly specify at least 1 behavioral, 1 environmental, 1 social, and 1 biological factor that put an individual at risk of having the condition.
- List at least 2 of Healthy People 2020s health promotion objectives related specifically to this issue. You should copy them from HP2020, use quotation marks, and cite the source. What data sources will be used for measuring progress toward those objectives?
- Identify at least 1 resource for people with the health issue you chose. Briefly describe the resource. List the name and the Web site address for the resource. It can be a brochure, an intervention, an organization, etc.
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. (2010). Healthy People 2020: Leading Health Indicators. Retrieved May 1, 2012, from http://www.healthypeople.gov/2020/LHI/default.aspx
EACH PAPER HAS TO BE 2 PAGES LONG AND NO SHORTER
Please be sure to provide at least citations of sources consulted in preparing your paper in the body of the actual document itself (i.e., in addition to furnishing a reference list). Remember, any statement that you make that is not common knowledge or that originates from your synthesis or interpretation of materials you have read must have a citation associated with it. For guidelines on in-text citations, visit the following web site:http://owl.english.purdue.edu/handouts/research/r_apa.html