Select a case study to analyze.
Case Study 4: Technology
Caitlin is the office manager in a large private pediatric practice in the city. The physicians met and decided to switch all records to a laptop-based system where nurses and doctors will log all records in a laptop. All patient interactions, data, and records will be entered primarily into the laptop, and no hand-written records will be taken. Caitlin is asked to come up with a plan for the conversion. This office has 13 doctors, 10 nurses, and 2 physician’s assistants that will all be using the laptops when evaluating patients. What should Caitlin consider in her conversion plan? How should patient questions be dealt with? What other concerns should Caitlin take into consideration when formulating her plan?
Imagine that you have been assigned to the strategic planning committee tasked with addressing the issues in the health care organization in the case study.
Create a presentation of 10 to 15 slides, including detailed speaker notes, for the strategic planning committee.
Include the following in your presentation:
- Analyze the challenges faced by the health care organization in the case study.
- Analyze the role each stakeholder has in the strategies to address the challenges of the health care organization in the case study.
- Analyze what programs and services are available to address the challenges.
- Analyze strategies that could be used to address the challenges at the health care organization.
- Analyze what role collaboration has in implementing strategies within the health care organization in the case study.
- Analyze methods for implementing the strategies to address the challenges of the health care organization in the case study.
Include at least four references.
Please make sure you read the instructions carefully in order to know each concept that you are supposed to cover. It may help to create sub headers on each slide in order to make sure you cover each concept. Many students get lost in their writing and forget to cover everything that is required. This can easily be avoided by creating an outline for yourself with the headers.
Format your presentation consistent with APA guidelines