The Assignment (4-5 pages):
Developing Organizational Policies and Practices
Add a section to the paper you submitted in Module 1. The new section should address the following:
- Identify and describe at least two competing needs impacting your selected healthcare issue/stressor.
- Describe a relevant policy or practice in your organization that may influence your selected healthcare issue/stressor.
- Critique the policy for ethical considerations, and explain the policyâ€™s strengths and challenges in promoting ethics.
- Recommend one or more policy or practice changes designed to balance the competing needs of resources, workers, and patients, while addressing any ethical shortcomings of the existing policies. Be specific and provide examples.
- Cite evidence that informs the healthcare issue/stressor and/or the policies, and provide two scholarly resources in support of your policy or practice recommendations.
Feedback from previous paper: Cynthia, ï»¿you did a good job on this paper. ï»¿ï»¿ï»¿ï»¿ï»¿ï»¿ï»¿ï»¿ï»¿There should have been a purpose statement, and a minimum of one course reading with your outside sources. You did not have a Conclusion heading with the concluding paragraph under that heading level. You also had good sources cited under your strategies. Contains several (3 or 4) APA format errors.
These are required reading on this module she wanted us to include 1 or 2 to support outside sources:
1) Kelly, P., Porr, C., (January 31, 2018) “Ethical Nursing Care Versus Cost Containment: Considerations to Enhance RN Practice” OJIN: The Online Journal of Issues in Nursing Vol. 23, No. 1, Manuscript 6.
2) Milliken, A., (January 31, 2018) “Ethical Awareness: What It Is and Why It Matters” OJIN: The Online Journal of Issues in Nursing Vol. 23, No. 1, Manuscript 1.
3) American Nurses Association. (2015). Code of ethics for nurses with interpretive statements.