Topic: Burnout Syndrome Among Healthcare Profession
- Review the national healthcare issues/stressors presented in the Resources and reflect on the national healthcare issue/stressor you selected for study.
- Reflect on the feedback you received from your colleagues on your Discussion post for the national healthcare issue/stressor you selected.
- Identify and review two additional scholarly resources (not included in the Resources for this module) that focus on change strategies implemented by healthcare organizations to address your selected national healthcare issue/stressor.
The Assignment (3-4 Pages):
Analysis of a Pertinent Healthcare Issue
Develop a 3- to 4-page paper, written to your organizationâ€™s leadership team, addressing your selected national healthcare issue/stressor and how it is impacting your work setting. Be sure to address the following:
- Describe the national healthcare issue/stressor you selected and its impact on your organization. Use organizational data to quantify the impact (if necessary, seek assistance from leadership or appropriate stakeholders in your organization).
- Provide a brief summary of the two articles you reviewed from outside resources on the national healthcare issue/stressor. Explain how the healthcare issue/stressor is being addressed in other organizations.
- Summarize the strategies used to address the organizational impact of national healthcare issues/stressors presented in the scholarly resources you selected. Explain how they may impact your organization both positively and negatively. Be specific and provide examples.
Auerbach, D. I., PhD., Staiger, D. O., PhD., & Buerhaus, Peter I,PhD., R.N. (2018). Growing ranks of advanced practice clinicians — implications for the physician workforce. The New England Journal of Medicine, 378(25), 2358-2360. doi:http://dx.doi.org.ezp.waldenulibrary.org/10.1056/NEJMp1801869
Bridgeman, P. J., Bridgeman, M. B., & Barone, J. (2018). Burnout syndrome among healthcare professionals. American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy, 75(3), 147â€“152. https://doi-org.ezp.waldenulibrary.org/10.2146/ajhp170460
de Oliveira, S. M., de Alcantara Sousa, L. V., Vieira Gadelha, M., & do Nascimento, V. B. (2019). Prevention Actions of Burnout Syndrome in Nurses: An Integrating Literature Review. Clinical practice and epidemiology in mental health : CP & EMH, 15, 64â€“73. https://doi.org/10.2174/1745017901915010064
DÅ¾ubur, A., Lisica, D., AbdulahoviÄ‡, D., AvdiÄ‡, D., SmajoviÄ‡, M., & MuliÄ‡, M. (2018). Burnout syndrome in primary healthcare professionals. Journal of Health Sciences, 8(2), 122â€“127. https://doi-org.ezp.waldenulibrary.org/10.17532/jhsci.2018.543
Haddad, L. M., Annamaraju, P., & Toney-Butler, T. J. (2020). Nursing shortage. In StatPearls [Internet]. StatPearls Publishing.
Magtibay, D.L, Chesak, S.S, Coughlin, K., & Sood, A. 2017). ). Decreasing Stress and Burnout
in Nurses: Efficacy of Blended Learning With Stress Management and Resilience Training Program. Journal of Nursing Administration, 47(7/8), 391â€“395. https://doi-org.ezp. waldenulibrary.org/10.1097/NNA.0000000000000501
Watts, Sharon, DNP, FNP-BC, Thorne-Odem, Suzanne & DNP, FNP-C. (2020). Nursing yourself away from burnout and compassion fatigue to resilience and joy at work. Nursing Made Incredibly Easy!, 18, 6-8. https://doi.org/10.1097/01.NME.0000717684.70292.43
Wei, H., King, A., Jiang, Y., Sewell, K. A., & Lake, D. M. (2020). The impact of nurse leadership styles on nurse burnout:. Nurse Leader, 18(5), 439-450. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.mnl.2020.04.002