Leading Continuous Change and Establishing Permanent Change
Benchmark – Change Initiative: Implementation, Evaluation, and Sustainability
You will utilize your change model for this assignment. Review the feedback submitted by your instructor on your previous change model assignment. Make any changes or modifications necessary for the submission of this assignment. (I will provide you with the feedback later)
Evaluate the performance of your organization or department. Identify an area that would significantly benefit from initiating a change. Write a paper (1,500-1,750 words) in which you describe the particular area you propose to address through a change initiative. Include the following for your company:
1. Discuss the issues in this area and the current outcomes as a result of the issues.
2. Describe the external and/or internal driving forces, contributing issues, and the people affected.
3. Evaluate the stakeholders involved and discuss how they will be affected by your change initiative.
4. Clarify your role and responsibility as a change leader. Discuss the leadership theory (or theories) you will use to guide the change process.
5. Discuss the change agents you need to recruit in order to successfully implement your change. Describe the roles of these change agents.
6. Utilize your change model to develop strategies: (a) Explain the relevance of this model to your organization; and (b) Present the strategic aspects using your model. Be sure to clearly define the purpose of each aspect, the people involved, and the actions that need to be taken.
7. Identify, or predict, the potential barriers to change. Discuss possible ways to overcome these obstacles, including methods for dealing with emerging or unforeseen circumstances that could impede implementation.
8. Describe the evaluation methods you will use to determine the level of success of your change initiative. Discuss what metrics or measureable determinates you will use.
9. Propose strategies to anchor change or support continuous change.
10. Establish how your change plan supports the organizational mission/goal, genuinely addresses stakeholder concerns, and will serve as an equitable contribution for the community or society overall.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide.
1. The Heart of Change: Real-Life Stories of How People Change Their Organizations
Read Chapter/Step 8 and the Conclusion in The Heart of Change: Real-Life Stories of How People Change Their Organizations.
ORDER A SIMILAR ESSAY WRITTEN FROM SCRATCH at : https://www.thenursinggeeks.com/
Concept Analysis of Patient-Centered Care Nursing can be a very challenging and rewarding career choice. Our role is not limited to changes a catheter, giving medications or putting on a bandage. We are now being needed to offer more to our patients. Basically, nursing has primarily been focused on patients’ problems and on trying to solve our patients’ problems. However, in recent years, there has been an increase in patient-centeredness and patient-empowerment to try and help the patient to become more involved and autonomous in their own treatment and care. It seems that the once problem- oriented approach that nurses are used to doing is no longer sufficient in the care of their patients. Patient-centered care is described as the patient having control in coordinating their care based on the patient’s preferences, culture, values and needs. Purpose The purpose of this article, using Walker and Avant’s method as an organizing framework, is to describe a concept analysis using articles to clarify the concept of patient- centered care. It provides a way for nurses to encourage patients to become active participants in every aspect of their health care and treatment (Scott, 2010). The United States has an extremely diverse culture and it is important that we, in the healthcare field, understand the fact that these different cultures have different beliefs about healing, wellness and treatment options. These differences can affect the patient’s goals and outcomes. Literature Review A literature review was completed and data was collected using several databases (Medline, CINAHL, Google Scholar, PubMed and ProQuest). The time period delineated was 2009 to 2015 in this search. The keywords used were patient-centeredness, patient- empowerment, patient-centered care, person-centered care and empowerment. Avocation that
Background image of page 2
CONCEPT ANALYSIS OF PATIENT-CENTERED CARE 3 care needs to be individualized and that goals of care should be centered on the patient seems to be congruent in all articles reviewed. Three major articles were found that describes patient- centered care using Walker and Avant’s method of concept analysis will be used as a framework for this analysis. Their method has eight steps which are intended to streamline an idea into a more understandable concept which is better understood and applied (Hagan & Donovan, 2013). The article ‘A Concept Analysis of Person-Centered Care’ by Morgan and Yoder uses Walker and Avant’s model theory in exploring person-centered care. They determined four characteristics in their analysis that the attributes person-centered care should be holistic, individualized, respectful and empowering. I ha