https://thenursinggeeks.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/cropped-logologo2-300x159.png 0 0 wyne gladys https://thenursinggeeks.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/cropped-logologo2-300x159.png wyne gladys2020-12-07 08:23:212020-12-07 08:23:216616: Assessment 2
- Prepare a 4–5-page summary report of a rural health care problem and potential solutions.
Note: Complete the assessments in this course in the order in which they are presented.
Turning barriers into bridges is a skill you will want to develop as a care coordination expert. Today, care coordination is required often in rural areas where there are limited resources and the need to work creatively with interprofessional team members who may reside outside of the local area. The use of telehealth becomes a bridge to care coordination as a collaborative tool for health care providers as a team of specialist.
- Toggle DrawerQuestions to Consider
- Toggle DrawerResources
- Assessment InstructionsNote: Complete the assessments in this course in the order in which they are presented.
For this assessment, you will develop prepare summary report for improved rural health in the form of a scholarly document.
Review the Resources for this assessment and conduct your own library research to develop and support your ideas.
Note: Remember that you can submit all, or a portion of, your draft care plan to Smarthinking for feedback, before you submit the final version for this assessment. However, be mindful of the turnaround time of 24–48 hours for receiving feedback, if you plan on using this free service.
Prepare a 4–5-page summary report of a rural health care problem and potential solutions.
Summary Report Format
Use APA format. Create headings based on the scoring guide criteria. Your faculty may provide a template.
Cite 5–7 sources of credible, scholarly, or professional evidence to support your claims and solutions.
There are many opportunities to turn barriers into bridges when working with limited resources. Imagine you are working as a care coordination consultant in a rural area and you need to find affordable solutions to many complex patient issues. You have decided to start with one type of patient population to design a path for care coordination using the resources in the community in conjunction with telehealth with regional outreach partners.
Following these instructions will help ensure you meet the scoring guide criteria:
- Identify and describe a rural community, the patient issues they face, and one specific population you can assist with this plan. Address any cultural or diversity-aware responsibilities the care coordinator should consider.
- Identify the interprofessional team providers currently available in the rural community. Analyze how they can be assisted by telehealth partners in the region, and any other stakeholders that may be involved.
- Describe the nuances for this population related to cultural competence for the interprofessional team, and how this affects care coordination and collaboration.
- Recommend technology-based outreach strategies supported by evidence-based research. Incorporate proven educational and evidence-based strategies, and how they might be modified using the outreach partners to enhance care in this rural community. Also, do consider the legal issues with telehealth and how this new strategy provides a clear path to ethical practice into the future.
- Support main points, claims, and conclusions with relevant and credible evidence, correctly formatting citations and references using APA style.
- Scoring Guide Criteria
Your assessment should meet the following scoring guide criteria:
- Describe a specific population need and the community.
- Analyze current available interprofessional team providers and resources.
- Identify areas of cultural competency the team must address.
- Recommend technology-based outreach strategies supported by evidence-based research.
- Identify possible legal issues.
- Explain the continuation of ethical care in the updated system.
- Communicate effectively in an appropriate form and style, consistent with applicable professional and scholarly standards.
- Additional Requirements
Your assessment should also meet the following requirements:
- Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Your paper should demonstrate current APA style and formatting.
- Number of resources: Include 5–7 resources, appropriately cited throughout your paper and in your reference list.
- Length: 4–5 pages, typed and double-spaced, not including the title page and reference list.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.