Assignment: Environments of Long Ago Exploration
Using the information about Antarctica from the activity, answer the questions.
1. Which one lived in Antarctica earlier, the labyrinthodont, the lystrosaurus, or the duck-billed dinosaur? Explain.
2. How could the duck-billed dinosaur tooth fossil lead scientists to believe that plants also existed in Antarctica?
3. List three other types of evidence that plants existed in Antarctica.
4. What was Antarctica’s climate like millions of years ago? Provide two types of evidence.
5. Did flowing water exist on Antarctica in the distant past? How do you know?
6. Do you think ancient Antarctica was situated in a different location from its location today? Why or why not?